Parents are typically referred to The Emerge Center because of concerns involving behavior, social interaction, or school performance. At Emerge, we offer behavioral and psychological services for children ages 18 months to 18 years, depending on the need.
Our passionate team of clinicians consists of licensed psychologists and licensed clinical social workers who take a behavioral approach to providing comprehensive evaluative, therapeutic and follow-up services. Having both testing and intervention available in one center affords you the confidence that we have a full understanding of your child’s needs. Our Social Work and Intake Coordinator also ensure access to local community resources, and provide parent support, education, and guidance navigating the system.
Signs that your child may benefit from behavioral services include:
In young children:
- -Trouble with feeding or toilet training
- -Speech delays
- -Inability to make eye contact or remain engaged in activities
In older children/teens:
- -Aggressive, disruptive, or destructive behavior
- -Problems interacting with peers
- -Issues with boundaries or obeying directions
- -Difficulty in school
- -Social skill issues, like trouble making friends
- -Difficulty going to sleep and staying asleep
- -Difficulty with self-care skills or problematic personal habits
- -Mood and anxiety issues